An estimated 10 billion Euro bailout to be provided to Cyprus by 'The Troika' (European Central Bank, European Commission, and International Monetary Fund) is ensnared in regional energy, financial, geopolitical, and security concerns. China, Germany, Israel, Russia, Turkey, the EU, the UK, and the US all have competing and overlapping concerns regarding the structure and implementation of Cyrpus' bailout from the Troika and it's accompanying 5.8 billion Euro bail-in to be funded by bank depositors and investors. An estimated total of 15.8 billion euros is needed to recapitalize Cyprian banks and refinance it's national debt. The ECB is scheduled to cut off short term financing to Cyprus on the 25th of March if a deal cannot be reached by then.
- Davies, G. (2013, March 24). The Eurozone after Cyprus. The Financial Times, online. Retrieved from http://blogs.ft.com/gavyndavies/2013/03/24/the-eurozone-after-cyprus/
- Higgins, A. (2013, March 23). Russian Ties Put Cyprus Banking Crisis on East -West Fault Line. The New York Times, online. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/24/world/europe/russian-ties-put-cyprus-banking-crisis-on-east-west-fault-line.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&hp
- Kanter, J. and Alderman, L. (2013, March 24). As Deadline Nears, Cyprus Scrambles to Devise a Bailout. The New York Times, online. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/business/global/cyprus-and-european-officials-scrambles-to-end-bank-crisis.html
- Mason, P. (2013, March 22). Cypriot Crisis: Will Germany's Tough Stance Backfire? BBC News, online. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21899515
- Panagiotidis, E. (2013, March 23). Drohende Staastspleite: Zypern Ringt Mit Der Zwangsabgabe. NZZ, online. Retrieved from http://www.nzz.ch/aktuell/international/zypern-ringt-mit-der-zwangsabgabe-1.18052501
- Pardo, P. (2013, March 24). Tres razones por las que Chipre si' importa. El Mundo, online. Retrieved from http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2013/03/24/economia/1364108419.html
- Charlemagne. (2013, March 23). Small Island, Big Finger: Cyprus's rejection of a bailout plan raises new doubts about the future of the Euro. The Economist, online. Retrieved from http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21574006-cypruss-rejection-bail-out-plan-raises-new-doubts-about-future-euro-small-island